Below you can find various examples of real-world use-cases for dependency-management-data and how it's solved business problems.
- Deliveroo and a potential race condition with a Kafka sidecar: How Deliveroo could understand, during an incident, which other services may be affected by a race condition in a dependency.
- Determining how the Docker Free Tier sunset affects you: How news of the Docker Free Tier being sunset in March 2023 led to organisations wanting to understand their dependence on different namespaces or images on the public Docker Hub.
- Determining the Docker registries, namespaces and images you most depend on: How news of the Docker Free Tier being sunset in March 2023 led to organisations wanting to understand their dependence on different namespaces or images on the public Docker Hub.
- Determining the effect of the Gorilla Toolkit archiving: How organisations who used the Gorilla Toolkit of Go libraries were able to understand the impact on their reliance on the projects when the maintainers declared they couldn't continue maintaining the project due to continued lack of support from the community.
- Elastic and understanding the spread of versions of `oapi-codegen`: How Elastic were able to easily discover what versions of the `oapi-codegen` OpenAPI-to-Go code generator was used across the organisation.
- Responding to the Log4shell incident: How an organisation could respond to the Log4Shell (CVE-2021-44228) security vulnerability, if they were using dependency-management-data.
- What HTTP routers and web frameworks do our (Go) projects use?: How you could understand the different dependencies teams are using for their Go HTTP services.